1. The area to be weeded is determined and the process begins.
2. Circulation staff will change each pulled item's location code to “Weeding Project: Ask at Circulation Desk, Floor 2."
3. When notified by Collection Development Librarian, DMS staff generate a list of weeded items and forward it to Collection Development.
4. The weeding librarian forwards the weeding list to the affected academic department(s) or discipline(s).
5. After the two week time period, the weeding librarian reviews faculty input, and makes withdraw/keep decisions.
6. Circulation staff update locations for items to keep.
7. DMS staff are notified when books are ready to be withdrawn.
8. DMS staff notify Circulation when items have been suppressed/deleted from the catalog.
9. As per the Texas State University System Rules and Regulations, Subparagraph 6.(13) of Chapter III, p.III-17, Disposal of Property and Equipment, de-accessioned material from the Alkek collection may be
10. If no other system library desires the material, we may offer to other TexShare libraries or appropriate national library material exchange lists.
11. After 30 days on a TexShare or library material exchange list, unwanted material may be offered to used book or out-of-print dealers, for sale or negotiated exchange.
12. If none of the options mentioned in # 9, 10, or 11 of this procedure document apply to the disposal of the material, they may be offered to some national or international non-profit book repository or discarded.