Faculty Liaison Guidelines
- Become familiar with the library’s ordering procedures to help them determine what the library allocation can purchase and how to submit requests.
- Be familiar with the library’s collection development policy.
- Read and respond to emails that will come to them from the subject librarian, Collection Development, or Acquisitions.
- Act as the department resource for all department faculty concerning the annual library allocation, procedures and services.
- Inform department colleagues of the responsibility they have to contribute to the library’s collections in support of student study and program requirements and faculty research needs.
- Be available to consult with subject librarian at least once a year to review the subject criteria to include program changes or needs and to approve that document each year.
- Generally be available to reply to inquiries from the Subject Librarian, such as regarding information sharing, or acting as a subject/discipline expert when the Librarian is seeking collection/acquisition consultation.