The purpose of the Liaison Program is to generate dialogue between the library and academic departments in order to enhance the library's understanding of user needs and to promote the library's services and resources. More specifically, its goals are to:
- Foster communication between the Library and academic departments, as well as with individual faculty members.
- Facilitate Library collaboration with academic departments.
- Promote and advocate the Library's services and resources to academic units as well as to individual faculty members.
- Develop research collections that support the University's mission and programs.
- Provide to each academic department (or program) a contact person in the Library who is knowledgeable about that department's library collection, curriculum, research needs, and future directions of that department.