Get a Texshare card
Request a card online through this TexShare card form. If you cannot wait for the card to be mailed to you, you can also sign up in person at the Circulation Desk on the second floor of the Alkek library, or at the RRC Library service desk.
Please contact Circulation at 512.245.3681, or via email with any questions you have regarding the Texshare card.
TexShare card user guidelines
- TexShare cards allow you to borrow from participating libraries. Use the Find a Library search to find a TexShare library near you. *Not all libraries participate in TexShare so check first.
- All current students and employees are eligible.
- Student cards expire at the end of the semester. Faculty cards expire at the end of the academic year.
- Materials must be returned to the same library from which they were borrowed.
- You are responsible for any charges for lost or damaged materials.
- Students who do not return items will have "holds" attached to their records that prevent registering for classes, obtaining transcripts or grades, etc.
Recent graduates, alumni, local community patrons
- Texas State University participates in TexShare but you must obtain your TexShare card from your local library.
- If your library doesn't participate in TexShare, check to see if other local libraries will issue a TexShare card to non-residents.
- Local residents and Texas State Alunmni can also obtain borrowing privledges via the Non-university Borrower and Alumni Lending Policy.