Directions + Parking
- Weekdays (Monday through Thursday) 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.:
Limited free parking is available in the Alkek Garage located at the end of Talbot Street (see map). The parking attendant will guide you to a posted visitor spot.
- Nights & Weekends:
Evenings (Sunday through Thursday) after 6 p.m., visitors may park in one of the posted visitor spots closest to the Alkek Garage guard stand.
On weekends (between 6 p.m. Friday and 7 p.m. Sunday), the Alkek Garage is open to library visitors except for spaces where posted signs indicate otherwise. If the garage is full, additional parking is available in Woods Garage (see map).
- From I-35 take exit 205 (Bastrop/Luling) and proceed on the access road to the traffic light. Turn WEST on Hopkins toward downtown San Marcos.
- Go on Hopkins St. for about 1 mile, passing HEB and the San Marcos Public Library.
- After going through the lights at CM Allen Pkwy and Edward Gary St., turn right on LBJ Drive and go two blocks to the light at University Drive (there’s a Jack in the Box on your left).
- Turn left at University Drive.
- Take your next right at the light at Guadalupe St. Guadalupe will dead end into Woods St. Turn left on Woods.
- Take your next right onto Talbot St., which will go one block.
- At the stop sign, turn right and stay to the right as you approach the Alkek parking garage.
- After you park, follow the signs and walk up the ramp to the Alkek Library.
- For further visitor parking information, see Texas State Parking Services page for Visitors & Guests.
- University Parking Services
If you have questions, University Parking Services are available Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm at 512.245.2887.
- Campus Map
See the Texas State Campus Map for a detailed view of streets, garages, and buildings.
- Road construction continues on campus and San Marcos roadways:
Click here for up-to-the-minute CONSTRUCTION UPDATES.