- Covered drinks in durable containers (i.e., plastic coffee mugs and capped bottles)
- Small snack food items (i.e., chips, energy bars, candy, fruit in a container, dry cereal)
- Unapproved containers (i.e., open cans, lightweight fast food cups with flimsy lids, containers with no tops)
- Food deliveries (even if the patron intends to consume the food in the public lounge)
- Messy or strong-smelling foods (i.e., pizza, lasagna, tacos, burgers, tuna or egg salad sandwiches, cereal with milk)
All tobacco products are prohibited in the library and on the Texas State University campus. See Texas State UPPS No. 04.05.02 for more information.