Borrow Library Items
Borrowing Library Materials
Most books and videos can be checked out of the Library. Bring the items you want to check out to the main floor Circulation Desk (512.245.3681). Consult Borrowing Policy for more specific information.
- Undergraduate students may check out books for 28 days.
- Graduate students, faculty, and staff may check out books for six months (182 days).
- Videos and most A/V items check out for at least 14 days -- for all students & employees.
- Bound periodicals check out for seven days.
- Some resources must be used in the Library, or have reduced check-out periods.
NOTE: Most items are subject to recall by another patron, which may shorten the originally assigned loan period.
The maximum number of renewals varies by borrower type. Consult Borrowing Policy for more specific information. After the maximum renewals the items must be returned to the library and checked in. If there are no outstanding requests, the items may be checked out again.
- Renewal periods are the same as the original checkout period.
- Renew items online using My Account (requires Texas State NetID and password, available after receipt of courtesy notice), in person at the Circulation Desk, or by calling Circulation (512.245.3681).
Number of Items Allowed
All Texas State University borrowers are allowed to check out a maximum of 100 items. Within that limit, graduate students, faculty, and staff may borrow up to 10 DVDs and 10CDs. Undergraduate students may borrow up to four DVDs and four CDs.