New Faculty Startup Funds
The University Library is making available $15,000 for new faculty startup funds. These funds are designed to support new faculty research by enhancing the library's collections in new faculty areas of specialization.
- New tenure-track faculty are eligible for funds during their first year of appointment.
- Up to $1,000 is available per faculty member.
- Funds can be requested for one-time purchases only. Eligible materials include but are not limited to books, back issues of journals, ebooks, DVDs, CDs, streaming media, etc.
- Requests should not include current subscriptions, software intended for classrooms or faculty offices, journal articles, multiple copies of the same item, or materials already held by the library.
- The principal purpose of the grants is to encourage research and creative activities of new faculty.
- Applications for electronic resources are subject to license review. For assistance with electronic materials requests, contact Amanda Price, Monographic Acquisitions Librarian, email@example.com or 245-2643.
Funds are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, as long as there are funds left.
For more information, contact Amanda Price, Monographic Acquisitions Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org or 245-2643.