Get the latest library news from our University Libraries blog. Find faculty bulletins, upcoming event information, research news and feature stories covering both the San Marcos and Round Rock libraries. The Keystone blog gives you a behind-the-scenes update on The Wittliff Collections.
News & Events
Library Event Calendars
Alkek Exhibits and Displays
Discover the various exhibits and displays throughout the library.
Current & Upcoming Events
Alkek One Workshops
(Use button below to register)
Introduction to Video Editing
In this workshop, participants will learn how to use video editing software to trim, slice, and sequence video and audio clips together to create and export a video file.
- Wednesday July 15, 9 to 10:30 am
- Tuesday July 21, 9 to 10:30 am
- Wednesday July 29, 11 am to 12:30 pm
- Thursday August 6, 3:30 to 5 pm
Building Your Brand I
Having a consistent brand makes you more professional and appealing to clients, audiences, or future employers. In this workshop, you will learn how to build a logo that represents your brand.
- Wednesday July 15, 1:30 to 3 pm
- Tuesday July 21, 1:30 to 3 pm
- Wednesday July 29, 3:30 to 5 pm
- Thursday August 6, 9 to 10:30 am
Introduction to 3D Design
This workshop will introduce participants to 3D modeling using TinkerCAD, an online 3D modeling interface. Participants will use basic shapes to create a digital model that can be 3D printed in the Alkek MakerSpace at a later date.
- Thursday July 16, 9 to 10:30 am
- Monday July 20, 9 to 10:30 am
- Tuesday, July 28 11 am to 12:30 pm
- Wednesday, Aug 5 1:30 to 3 pm
Introduction to StoryMapping
A StoryMap is a web platform that allows users to "combine maps with narrative text, images, and multimedia content. They make it easy to harness the power of maps and geography to tell your story". The workshop is open to all with no prior knowledge in GIS or those who will like to refreshen their knowledge after a long break from learning GIS. It is hands-on so attendees will have the opportunity to create their own StoryMaps.
- Thursday July 16, 3:30 to 5 pm
- Thursday July 23, 3:30 to 5 pm
- Monday July 27, 9 to 10:30 am
- Tuesday August 4, 11 to 12:30 pm
In this workshop, participants will learn how to use photo editing software to improve a photograph's quality and merge two photographs together.
- Thursday July 16, 11 am to 12:30 pm
- Wednesday July 22, 1:30 to 3 pm
- Thursday July 30, 3:30 to 5 pm
- Monday August 3, 9 to 10:30 am
All workshops offered online. For those without appropriate technology access, register for in-person attendance using computers in Alkek 105.