Directions + Parking
- Weekdays (Monday through Thursday) 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.:
Limited free parking is available in the Alkek Garage located at the end of Talbot Street (see map). The parking attendant will guide you to a posted visitor spot.
- Nights & Weekends:
Evenings (Sunday through Thursday) after 6 p.m., visitors may park in one of the posted visitor spots closest to the Alkek Garage guard stand.
On weekends (between 6 p.m. Friday and 7 p.m. Sunday), the Alkek Garage is open to library visitors except for spaces where posted signs indicate otherwise. If the garage is full, additional parking is available in Woods Garage (see map).
Turn-By-Turn Driving Directions
Due to extensive construction around campus, you must follow these specific directions to get to the Alkek Library. Please note: Navigation devices and websites will not route you the proper way.
- From I-35 take exit 205 (Bastrop/Luling) and proceed on the access road to the traffic light. Turn WEST on Hopkins toward downtown San Marcos.
- Go on Hopkins St. for about 1.5 miles, going past the historic Hays County courthouse downtown.
- For further visitor parking information, see Texas State Parking Services page for Visitors & Guests.
- University Parking Services
If you have questions, University Parking Services are available Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm at 512.245.2887.
- Campus Map
See the Texas State Campus Map for a detailed view of streets, garages, and buildings.
- Road construction continues on campus and San Marcos roadways:
Click here for up-to-the-minute CONSTRUCTION UPDATES.