Directions & Parking
- Weekdays (Monday through Thursday) 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.:
Limited free parking is available in the Alkek Garage located at the end of Talbot Street (see map). The parking attendant will guide you to a posted visitor spot.
- Nights & Weekends:
Evenings (Sunday through Thursday) after 6 p.m., visitors may park in one of the posted visitor spots closest to the Alkek Garage guard stand.
On weekends (between 6 p.m. Friday and 7 p.m. Sunday), the Alkek Garage is open to library visitors except for spaces where posted signs indicate otherwise. If the garage is full, additional parking is available in Woods Garage (see map).
Turn-By-Turn Driving Directions
Due to extensive construction around campus, you must follow these specific directions to get to the Alkek Library. Please note: Navigation devices and websites will not route you the proper way.
- From I-35 take exit 205 (Bastrop/Luling) and proceed on the access road to the traffic light. Turn WEST on Hopkins toward downtown San Marcos.
- Go on Hopkins St. for about 1.5 miles, going past the historic Hays County courthouse downtown.
- Turn right (NORTH) at the light at Comanche St.
- Continue on Comanche though stop signs at Hutchison and Lindsey St.
- Turn right onto Woods St.
- Go left on Talbot St., which will go one block.
- At the stop sign, turn right. Stay to the right as you approach the Alkek parking garage.
- Tell the guard at the booth that you're here to visit The Alkek Library. They’ll direct you to one of our reserved spots.
- For further visitor parking information, see Texas State Parking Services page for Visitors & Guests.
- University Parking Services
If you have questions, University Parking Services are available Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm at 512.245.2887.
- Campus Map
See the Texas State Campus Map for a detailed view of streets, garages, and buildings.
- Road construction continues on campus and San Marcos roadways:
Click here for up-to-the-minute CONSTRUCTION UPDATES.
- Accessible parking in the Alkek Garage
- Campus ADA Accessible Routes at Texas State University-San Marcos PDF