University Libraries Covid-19 Service Modification Updates
In response to the coronavirus global pandemic, Texas State's University Libraries are modifying hours and services in order to best support social distancing recommendations and to serve the Texas State Community in a conscientious manner. As conditions warrant this page will be updated to keep our patrons informed about changes to library services and availability of online resources. Last updates (March 27, 10:30 am)
Remote resources and services
Faculty remote course support
Library Questions & Answers
- The due dates for circulating materials due between March 1 and May 14 are being extended to May 15. The extension does not apply to any short-term loans, such as reserve items, laptops, calculators, or other equipment.
- Log in to your library account to check on due dates for your library materials.
- For any account questions or problems, please contact:
- We will do the best we can to accommodate anyone with extenuating circumstances.
The Wittliff Collections is closed through April 13. We will update hours information as things develop.
Please visit our remote resources guide to learn more about how to access library materials and services.
The Alkek Library computer work stations will be open during library open hours. The labs in the Family Consumer Sciences building and McCoy Hall will reopen with limited hours beginning March 30. All other open computer labs will remain closed for the rest of the semester. Check our Open Computer Labs web page for current information about open hours.
- Due to the difficulty in obtaining physical interlibrary loan items from other libraries during the COVID-19 epidemic, we have decided to temporarily discontinue the borrowing and lending of physical items.
- We will still continue processing article and chapter requests.
- If the physical item you need is available for purchase and it is something the University Libraries should have in our collection, we recommend submitting a purchase request at https://tim.txstate.edu/libraryorders/.
- If possible, please return any ILL items before leaving campus.
- if you need the material longer, you may request an extension in ILLiad a few days before the item is due.
- If you cannot renew your ILL items, please contact Interlibrary Loan staff at firstname.lastname@example.org / 512-245-4893.
- You may also mail the ILL materials back to: Texas State University; Alkek Library / Interlibrary Loan; 250 E. McCarty Lane, San Marcos, TX 78666.
- ILL items can be picked up at the Checkout Desk or at Round Rock. Double check library hours on the library web site.
- If you cannot pick up physical interlibrary loan materials you requested, please notify Interlibrary Loan staff at email@example.com / 512-245-4893.
For students living on campus, floors 2 - 6 are open as an extension of your home environment while carefully following appropriate social distancing and prevention measures. The first and seventh floors, including The Wittliff Collections, are closed until further notice. Small study rooms on the fifth and sixth floors are closed. Additional closures may be forthcoming in order to reduce the area requiring increased cleaning and sanitizing.
To keep updated on the university's announcements and resources related to the Coronavirus, please visit this website.
Let's maintain a safe library
What you can do:
- Use online services whenever possible - You can communicate with us by telephone (Alkek 512-245-2616, RRC Library 512-716-4700) or through AskaLibrarian online chat.
- Practice social distancing - When you do come to the library, please leave a six-foot space between you and library patrons and staff when visiting our libraries. Our small study rooms are closed to reduce areas that need to be cleaned.
- Wash your hands and help us keep work stations and equipment as sanitary as possible - Wipes and hand sanitizer is available at service points for patron use before and after using library materials and equipment.
- Observe our open door policy - Leave main entrance doors to restrooms and study rooms open to minimize the need for sanitizing doors.
- Flip the card - Once you have used a work station, please flip the card to let us know the station needs to be cleaned and made ready for the next user.
What we are doing:
- Practicing social distancing - We want to help, but we will be keeping our distance for your protection and ours.
- Increasing cleaning and sanitization efforts - We have brought in additional cleaning crews to wipe down surfaces and to keep our open areas as clean as possible. Our staff will be using gloves when handling materials and wiping them down before making them available for reuse.
- Making ourselves virtually available - We can schedule zoom conference calls for research consultations and are happy to chat with you online when you need help. You can also email your subject librarian for assistance.