Keep it up! Here is what you can do to help us continue to operate and serve you.
Your University Libraries are here to support you with research assistance, interesting workshops, course guides, creative opportunities and so much more. Whenever possible, we urge you to take advantage of our remote services, but we are open and ready for you in person as long as we can maintain an environment where staff and patrons feel safe and respected. Below are the ways you can help us do that. See the university's Roadmap to Return for more ways you can help keep our campus safe.
As with other campus buildings, masks must be worn in our libraries. Please be sure your mask covers your mouth, chin and nose. Wear a mask when you are in any of our buildings unless:
- You are in a private study room alone
- You are seated and actively eating or drinking in the Alkek 4th Floor lounge
Our library staff will not serve anyone who is not wearing a mask and you may be asked to leave the building and/or referred for appropriate staff discipline, faculty discipline and student judicial processes.
There are hand sanitizer dispensers in central locations throughout our buildings and there is a dispenser for filling your personal supply on the second floor of the Alkek Library.
Don't join the crowd. We are monitoring the density of patrons on each floor of the Alkek Library and in the RRC Library. When choosing a work space, please look for a floor with fewer people so that everyone can feel safe.
Stay at least six feet apart. We have spread our furniture out to help you maintain a safe distance from others and to keep from exceeding 50% occupancy in our various rooms and spaces. Please do not move furniture around and pay attention to posted capacity maximums on room door signs. Pay attention to stanchions and floor signs. Remember to leave six feet between you and others when waiting in lines at elevators and service points. Be sure that there are no more than three people in each elevator and space out as shown in the signs. Use the stairs when possible. The grand staircase offers easy access to floors 1-4. There are stairwells located in each of the the far corners of floors 3-7.
Tell us if you feel unsafe. If you see unsafe behavior from library patrons or staff, please report it:
- Tell someone at a service desk
- Call us at 512.245.2440 (Alkek) 512.716.4700 (RRC Library)
- Text us at 512.960.1525 (Alkek)
- Click on the Security Concerns button at the bottom of the library home page, fill out and submit the form
Schedule your visit during less busy time periods like early in the morning or in the early evening hours.
Here are some ways you can stay safe and save time:
- Print at home
- Choose an alternate less busy SendNPrint location. Check the list of Printing Station Locations on our web page to find where printers are located
Use Virtual Library Resources and Services
- Call the Ask Alkek Desk. We can help you wherever you are during our desk hours with general library questions. Call us at 512.245.2686.
- Ask a Librarian. Click on the vertical button on the right side of the University Libraries home page: library.txstate.edu to submit a question and to chat online with a real librarian (no bots here) during chat hours: M-Th 9 am to 8 pm, Fri 9 am to 7 pm, Sat 11 am to 2 pm, Sun Noon to 5 pm. Submit a question by email after hours and a librarian will respond the next day.
- Meet with a librarian virtually. Use our online form to request a research consultation with one of our librarians.
- Use our eResources. Many of the library's materials are available online. Explore our eBooks and streaming media resources.
- Be sure to check out our workshops page to find interesting online offerings this fall.
Don't come to the library if you are not feeling well
Please be careful to monitor your health conditions and do not come to the library or anywhere else on campus if you are not feeling well. If you test positive for COVID-19 and are asymptomatic, you can spread the virus to others who may become ill. Please follow these steps recommended in the University Roadmap.