Texas State University Digital Collections Repository
Open Access Repository
The Digital Collections Repository is open access and supports the broad dissemination of Texas State University's research and scholarship to bring increased recognition to authors and to the institution. The publications are freely available to anyone, anywhere. Openly sharing your works online brings more visibility to your research. Studies have shown that publications that are freely available are cited more often and have greater impact than those that are not freely available. Depositing your works in the Texas State University Digital Collections Repository ensures that they are centrally available, backed up, preserved, and searchable via search engines such as Google and Google Scholar. Publications from the repository are recognized by Google as scholarly works and, therefore, tend to rank more highly than publications simply available on a web page.
Creating and Submitting Materials
Services and Guidelines
Get help determining copyright status of published materials:
If you have questions or need help determining copyright status of the material you want to submit, please contact the Repository Administrators.
Digital Collections @ Texas State will:
- Retain and maintain content submitted to the Repository
- Distribute content according to community decisions (however, metadata will always be accessible, unless items are withdrawn in accordance with Repository guidelines)
- Preserve content using accepted digital preservation techniques
- Notify Communities of significant changes to content, e.g., format migration for preservation purposes
- If Texas State University ceases to support the Repository, it will return collections to existing communities.
- Content from communities which have ceased to exist, will be offered to the University Archives