Open Access Repository
The University Scholarship institutional repository is open access and supports the broad dissemination of Texas State University's research and scholarship to bring increased recognition to authors and to the institution. The publications are freely available to anyone, anywhere. Openly sharing your works online brings more visibility to your research. Studies have shown that publications that are freely available are cited more often and have greater impact than those that are not freely available. Depositing your works in the Texas State University University Scholarship repository ensures that they are centrally available, backed up, preserved, and searchable via search engines such as Google and Google Scholar. Publications from the repository are recognized by Google as scholarly works and, therefore, tend to rank more highly than publications simply available on a web page.
Creating and Submitting Materials
Services and Guidelines
Get help determining copyright status of published materials:
- Author’s Rights
- Sherpa/Romeo - Online resource of publisher copyright and open access policies
- DOAJ - Directory of Open Access Journals
If you have questions or need help determining copyright status of the material you want to submit, please contact the University Scholarship.
The University Libraries will:
- Retain and maintain content submitted to University Scholarship
- Distribute content open access in accordance with author and publisher permissions
- Provide digital long-term preservation of content
- Notify authors of significant changes to content, e.g., format migration for preservation purposes