Alkek 3rd Floor Collections
What You Can Find On Our Floor
- Popular magazines and newspapers
- Equipment for Checkout
- Scholarly and literary journals (recent issues)
- Graphic Novel Collection
- Juvenile Collection
- Popular Reading Collection
- DVDs (classics, blockbusters, sports, educational)
- Music CDs and LPs
- Secured Collections
- Skeletons and various body part models
- K-12 Resources (e.g. Kits, games, Texas Curriculum state-adopted textbooks)
- Testing Collection (Tests & Measurements guide)
Trouble Locating a Periodical?
Periodicals in the Library have different locations based on year of publication and format.
E-journals: Periodicals available online in full-text databases or on publisher sites are accessed through the Periodical List.
Recent issues of print periodicals (last 6-12 mo) can be found on the 3rd floor of the Alkek Library on the Current Periodicals Shelves, next to the Checkout Desk. The periodicals are arranged alphabetically.
Bound periodicals 1960 to present are located at the Archives and Research Center. Please use the catalog to request the physical volume or an article scan.
Some bound periodicals dated 1960 and older are shelved among books, by call number, on floors 5 and 6.
Microform periodicals are located at the Archives and Research Center (ARC).
Scanning & Photocopying
- The scanner allows emailing or saving files to a USB drive.
- Scans can be made in black and white, grey scale and in color.
- Documents can be saved in several formats (such as jpg, and pdf).
Ask for assistance in using the scanner at the Checkout Desk.
Photocopiers: Copies from photocopiers cost 15 cents a page.