Online Resources Grants
The purpose of the online resource grants is to enable the purchasing of larger one-time online resources no one department can easily afford with its library allocation. All faculty & librarians are eligible to submit proposals. For the 2021-2022 academic year, $100,000 is budgeted for these online collections.
One-time purchases typically include but are not limited to primary source databases, journal backfile collections, e-book collections, audio or streaming media collections. A few possibilities are listed on our possible resource page. Please contact Ginger Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 15 if you'd like pricing or trials for other products.
- The resource should be online, accessible by the entire campus, and come with persistent access rights.
- The resource must be a one-time purchase. Grant funds cannot be used to support ongoing subscriptions or temporary access to a subscription resource.
- The resource should enhance the library collection and strengthen research initiatives.
- All things being equal, priority is given to higher ticket items over inexpensive ones. The library may be able to purchase less expensive items with end-of-year funds.
- All faculty and librarians are eligible to submit proposals.
- Value/Anticipated Use of the Resource: Priority is given to resources that benefit many departments or programs or greatly benefit one area. More than one source of personal/departmental support may be important. The resource does not necessarily need to be multi-disciplinary. The intent is that all subject areas be represented over the years.
- Uniqueness: Priority is given to resources that enhance the library's collection rather than duplicate or overlap with existing collections.
Submission deadline: February 28, 2022
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
The review committee consists of 2-3 members of the Faculty Senate Library Committee, a previous recipient, and two librarians.
Dec - Feb 28: Applications are accepted
March 1 - 15: Application review
End of March: Grants are announced
April - May: Resources are ordered