Online Resources Grants
The purpose of the online resource grants is to enable the purchasing of larger one-time online resources no one department can easily afford with its library allocation. In academic year 2018-2019, $180,000 is budgeted for such online collections.
One-time purchases typically include but are not limited to primary source databases, journal backfile collections, e-book collections, audio or streaming media collections. Some possibilities are listed on our one-time resource page. Please contact Ginger Williams (email@example.com) to get pricing for any products outside this list. Acquisitions will verify eligibility and pricing, and can set up trials as needed.
- The resource should be online, accessible by the entire campus, and come with persistent access rights. The review committee can make an exception for an extraordinary print/microform collection not available online.
- The resource must be a one-time purchase. Grant funds cannot be used to support ongoing subscriptions or temporary access to a subscription resource.
- The resource should enhance the library collection and strengthen research initiatives.
- All things being equal, priority is given to higher ticket items over inexpensive ones. The library may be able to purchase less expensive items with end-of-year funds.
- Value/Anticipated Use of the Resource: Priority is given to resources that benefit many departments or programs or greatly benefit one area. More than one source of personal/departmental support may be important. The resource does not necessarily need to be multi-disciplinary. The intent is that all subject areas be represented over the years.
- Uniqueness: Priority is given to resources that enhance the library's collection rather than duplicate or overlap with existing collections.
Submission deadline: Friday, February 14, 2020, 5 p.m.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
The review committee consists of two members of the Library Committee, two previous recipients, and two librarians.
Dec - Feb 15: Applications are accepted
Feb 16 - March 10: Application review
End of March: Grants are announced
April - May: Resources are ordered