Library Research Grants
Special Note: If you are looking for Online Resource Grant information, visit our Online Resource grant page.
The Alkek Library is pleased to invite applications for Library Research Grants. These grants are designed to facilitate faculty research and creative activity through the acquisition of library materials and are awarded each fall. Although the review process is competitive, most proposals have been funded, at least partially, in recent years.
In Academic Year 2019-20, $15,000 in funding was available.
- Proposals over $3,000 are unlikely to receive full funding.
- Priority is given to materials that can be permanently added to the library collection.
- While applicants are encouraged to demonstrate the instructional value of the materials they apply for, the principal purpose of the grants is to encourage research and creative activities of faculty members. Materials needed solely to support instruction should be requested through the library's order request system.
- Eligible materials include but are not limited to books, back issues of journals, electronic resources, DVDs, CDs, and microform.
- Requests should not include current subscriptions, journal articles, multiple copies of the same item, software for labs, or materials already held by the library.
- Applications for electronic resources are subject to a license review. For additional information and assistance with electronic materials requests, contact Ginger Williams, Head Acquisitions Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org or 245-3009.
Applicants are asked to provide a brief description of the project, a list of needed materials, and the estimated cost.
The proposal deadline for the 2019-20 academic year has passed. Check back in early September for deadlines and information for the 2020-21 academic grant period..
Library Research Grant Timeline
- September - early November: Applications are accepted
- November - January: Application review
- January - February: Grants are announced
- February -June: Materials are ordered
For more information, contact Ginger Williams, Head Acquisitions Librarian; 245-3009.