The MakerSpace supports additive, subtractive, and smart manufacturing by providing patrons with an array of tools geared towards creativity and innovation, such as 3D printers, laser cutters, and Raspberry Pi boards. These tools can also be used to bring to life projects created in other Alkek One spaces...create a 3D model in the design space, view it in holographic form in the Immersion Studio, then print it using the 3D printers in the MakerSpace!
Capacity: Due to COVID-19, only one user per piece of equipment at a time. A single user may only use one piece of equipment at a time. Masks must be worn at all times in the MakerSpace.
Reservable: Students, faculty, or staff can reserve the MakerSpace equipment for no more than 2 hours. Exceptions by request only.
- Users must attend a safety training prior to using equipment for the first time.
- Users must surrender their TxState ID Card in order to check out equipment prior to use. The card will be returned after the equipment has been cleared and verified by MakerSpace staff.
- Closed-toed shoes and safety glasses are required in 102A.
- No open food or drink is allowed in the MakerSpace.
- All hand tools must be placed in the appropriate area for sanitizing after each use.
- All hand tools must remain inside of the MakerSpace (102, 102A).